Thursday, June 11, 2009

Oh! The Different Emotional Stages! :)

Friends and Family,
It seems as if the last few days I've experienced many different emotions--hence the title. :) Thank you for all of your encouraging notes, it is just good to hear anything from home. Dane, mu site coordinator mentioned the Musiri/Missouri thing as well! :) Umm..yes Phil, I eat with my right hand alone here, it is pretty fun...I'm not gonna want to pick up a fork again. Bob, I suppose they all are authentic-good point-but it was legit. I ate off a banana leaf--that was more hardcore than most places! I wish I could write to everyone, I'm so sorry I don't have all of the time but I LOVE YOU ALL! A few updates:

Kingsley got a new phone because he broke his old one. You'd never guess the ringtone...it is my mom and dads...its a bitter/sweet feeling everytime it rings...haha--a little taste of home and a teaser!

Tuesday I did give my sermon and yes mom, I did it over the prodigal son again. As I prayed about it I really got some guidance from the spirit about specific points to make and I revised it and then had a peace. I'm so thankful to the Lord for his help in it all, even right up to and through it I never got nervous, I knew it was what God wanted-it wasn't about me. Please pray for Aubrey, my teammate, she has a medical condition and immediately following my message it acted up. I'm thankful that I was there to help but continue to remember hers and mines medical conditions.

Every afternoon we go to the Children's after school enrichment program here at the church-CDC-and I help teach english to kids that are probably 8-10 yrs old. The children here are VERY disciplined in their studies and respect. A change from home most of the time! :) I know I definitely wasn't like them! haha...Anyway, I love my time with them. I enjoy every minute or smiles, laughter, or gesture communication! Today I brought out crayons and coloring pages and they LOVED it, I've never seen so many kids swarm around them like that. Thank you Tara, Katie, and Michelle, for being so giving. I can't wait to show you the pictures of it! :)

I think my favorite time is house visits every night. Some are to non-Christian families and others are families in the church. They are so hospitable and we eat and drink a ton but i lovebeing with them all. Please pray for me as we meet so many different people in ministry. This is hard for me because I love deep relationship-type ministry. This is definitely different for me, but I know it is good and where God wants me right now. Last night was the first time I've really experienced severe poverty. Two of the kids live in a field with "tents" and they travel around to different places every 2 months. Their parents tell fortunes for a living and I don't think the kids will every stay anywhere enough for an education.

Saturday we are conducting our first health clinic. I'm excited about that but kinda nervous. I feel inadequate in a way...but Aubrey, the other nursing major, has been through some clinicals so she will be able to give me quick guidance.

I ask for your prayer that I will endure and be patient wtih everyone around me. There are definitely struggles arising. I desire to love everyone around me with the Lord's love, but it has been difficult to find boundaries of complete grace and confrontation. You all mean the world to me and I can't wait to be reunited with you and share more in detail. Thank you for the prayer, support, and messages of love. I am continually reminded and comforted and thankful that I have all of you in my life. The Lord has blessed me tremendously with all of you, I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

I wish I could tell you everyhting, but there are things to do before bed. I love you, I don' think I can stress that enough! :)

GRACE and PEACE to each of you-
Jennifer

P.S. Meg, Mom, and Dad-I received your letters. Thanks so much! They were SO nice to get! :)

11 comments:

  1. I wrote you a letter too but Greta ate it. Can you get skype over there? I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So can i confess I've been checking your blog the last day or so hoping for an update? Bob told me in so many word to chill out and that you were busy:) I'm glad you're enjoying the kids! I'm sure that's so fun but probably hard at the same time.
    I will make sure Katie and Tara know the kids are enjoying the things they sent.
    Will be praying...
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen ~ I'm sure that it is tough to see children who have to do with out so much. I pray for you daily!! So glad that you are able to keep your blog updated!

    Love you,

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey jen glad things are good. the excitment must be amazing with a non-stop adreneline rush. praying for u always!
    -let prayer and worship guide u!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenn-Jenn,
    I love the prodigal son choice. It is amazing to reflect on how quickly and thoroughly God forgives when we have put distance between ourselves and Him. The next few weeks will no doubt have you running the gamut of emotions. You have had bravery and strength to get this far.
    My heart goes out to the children.
    I love you and pray for you and those around you.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny.
    I miss you so.

    Eating off a banana leaf...was it used to scoop your food or as a plate?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i sent you an email to your school account with the final invitation proof. I think you'll love it! I hope Aubrey's doing well-I prayed that God's peace would transcend her situation. Love you monkey britches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. jen-jen, hi! i miss you!! katie. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. jen-jen,
    I think of you often, I am so glad to hear that you are doing well!! It sounds like you are right where you are supposed to be at this time of your life!! We will continue to pray for you and your teammates. Love ya like you were mine!!!! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crispy Biscuit Pants-
    Glad to hear the sermon went well. I'm excited to hear about the health clinic, I'm sure that might be quite stretching/rewarding... and quite a learning experience since it will be your first hands on experience in your major. Looking forward to the next update...
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi love! Just wanted to say I'm thinkin and praying for you. Love well my dear friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete