Thank you for joining me on this journey! For those of you who haven't heard my personal journey up to this point leading my to India here it is:
I’ve been attending Midamerica Nazarene University in Olathe, KS for the last year and a half and I’m intending on graduating as a nurse in May of 2011. Upon arrival at Midamerica, I quickly became involved in a Sunday night homeless ministry in midtown Kansas City. Every week a group goes down to a park and grills hamburgers for the homeless. As the ministry continued throughout my first semester, I started to feel my homeless friends’ pain as my own and realize that they are “us.” They had moved from being aquantances to friends. My life is continually being molded and changed due to my interaction and relationships development at the park. God has given me a passion for the homeless: the needy, “non-deserving,” yet loved.
Over the last year, God has blessed me with a support group of friends at Midamerica. God has used our friendships to challenge one another about what our lives need to look like to bring justice for the oppressed, means for making a living for the poor, love for the hurting, and hope for the lost.
Last fall, I began looking into different options for this coming summer. I had never considered India as site of personal ministry, but the Lord kept directing my thoughts back to it and the many needs there. I then started searching for an organization by which I could go to India. Youth In Mission came to mind and by the time I was accepted to their program in December, the Lord had given me a peace and passion to accompany them and work with their organization’s mission in India.
In addition, over the past 6 months the Lord gradually revealed to me that he was calling me to do long term relational ministries in India among the poor at a later point in my life. I know no specifics, but I know that he wants me to bring his hope, love, and compassion to his children there. I believe the Lord is going to use this summer to prepare me, through cultural immersion and evangelical experience, for longer term missions in India later in my life.
As I reflect on the last year and a half at Midamerica I can see how the Lord has been orchestrating a bigger plan than I could’ve imagined in my life, and He has led me to bring His good news to the poor and oppressed, specifically in India. You are a vital part of my story and now my ministry. Thank you for taking time to read what our Living God is doing in my life.
I look forward to sharing more with you as the summer moves on. I leave for training camp in El Paso May 26th and then fly out with my three teammates: Aubrey, Tamra, and Meret for India on May 31st. Please keep us in your prayers along with our site coordinator, Rev. Kingsley Jayakumar, as we are preparing for the summer. Blessings my dear friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I am praying for you today, for your team, and your site coordinator. May the Lord fill you with joy in all he has prepared for you.
ReplyDelete