Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Chicken Pox


First, I'd like to clarify: I DO know how to spell chicken pox. I woke up early yesterday because I was so excited to write to all of you and my brain obviously wasn't awake. So, incase you noticed in my last post, I can spell. :) I thought I'd use some of my extra time to load a few pictures for you to see a little but of my life here! This is from July 1st, the top left is at Meg's birthday party (my sister) that we held. The little girl in the front left is my buddy, her name is Jennifer as well. We got really close. The picture on the right is at an overlook from the top of a mountain and you can see into a city called Ooty. It was very beautiful up in the mountains and I can't wait to show you more of the scenery when I return. I hope all of you are doing well. I love you.
Thank you Mamaw and Papaw for the post! :)

5 comments:

  1. My dear friend...
    Reading your past few posts gave me chills as I felt a deep peace because you are SO in your element yet so far out at the same time, experiencing joy through hard but amazing life. I heard a deep "rightness" ooze from your posts! Jen, I'm praying for you and thinking about you. I love you!!!!!

    Case

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen,
    It is so good to see pictures of the people you are ministering to
    and to put faces with the stories.
    MaMaw and Papaw and I are going to celebrate your birthday like they do in India. HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY early.
    I am also curious about how you wash your hair over a toilet. I tried to visualize this and you dancing in a green bean field with a bonnet on.
    What will be the hardest thing about leaving India in about two weeks?
    I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna-Fuhr,

    I have tried and failed several times to send you mail. I never got the postage right, haha. But I'm not giving up! I got some pointers from people who have succeeded in sending you things. :)

    I love reading your posts-- so much detail! I can hear you saying the words that my eyes read on the screen. The pictures are great! You look so happy and, as Casey said, very much so "in your element." The Lord's hand in your life and ministry is so awesome to witness. :D I miss you and love you oh so VERY VERY much and I cannot wait to hear about everything when you get home...

    1 Corinthians 2:1-5
    (a passage I often meditated on during trying times in El Sal, or in other situations of ministry.)

    His grace, peace, and strength-
    Kelsey :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww...I love the pictures Jen! Your hair is getting so long and its only been a few months...I miss you :-)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete